Summary of Position:
The Project Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Construction Project Teams which includes performing administrative and clerical duties. Candidate must possess a strong work ethic, ability to work independently, and a commitment to excellence, teamwork and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Process project related documents i.e., contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, RFIs, AIAs, meeting minutes, close-out documentation, archiving, etc.
· Process correspondence, letters, and reports.
· Work with external business partners to obtain correct complete required paperwork.
· Handle accounting tasks of projects including computer entry of invoices in accounting & job cost system.
· Set-up and maintain manual and electronic filing systems per Speedwell standards.
· Sort, prioritize and distribute incoming and outgoing materials.
· Provide backup to receptionist.
· Organize and assist Project Team on routine tasks and general information.
· Interact in a professional manner with Speedwell employees, subcontractors, and customers.
· Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel
· Familiarity with MS Project and ComputerEase is a plus.
· Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to assist the project team in directing the flow of office procedures for timely distribution and coordination.
· Good communication skills including written, verbal, and electronic.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities with limited supervision.