Position: Job Superintendent
Status: Full Time Salary Exempt
Reports to: President & Project Manager
- An ability to understand and follow plans and specifications in the construction of a project.
- Leadership ability
- A thorough knowledge of construction techniques.
- A conscientious attitude toward controlling costs and adhering to progress schedules.
- The ability to communicate and to plan the sequence of activities with subcontractors, material suppliers, and fellow employees to effectively meet targeted goals and dates.
Duties and Requirements:
- Schedules and coordinate subcontractors and suppliers on the job so that projects come to completion by the pre-determined date.
- Responsible for all safety aspects on an assigned project including OSHA requirements, promoting and encouraging safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Responsible for obtaining high quality workmanship throughout all phases of work on a project and to require adherence to drawings and specifications by all trades.
- Responsible to review plans and specifications prior to, and during, a project to insure that all information is supplied for on time completion of the job. Omissions or discrepancies in the contract documents being reported to the Project Manager.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all company equipment and tools utilized by self and crew members.
- Promotes a favorable impression of Speedwell Construction in all relationships with contractors, customers, employees, and the general public.
- Maintains an organized job site, including construction office.
- Any other job duties as required.